Bridges Together is an internationally renowned organization dedicated to intergenerational programming, bringing older adults and children together for meaningful engagement. We educate and empower professionals from the aging and education fields to cultivate these opportunities in their own communities.
We are a growing non-profit looking to fill one new part-time position. The successful applicant will work as an integral part of our team to lead and support intergenerational efforts.
Part-Time Grant Writer
Bridges Together seeks a detail-oriented individual with excellent writing skills to create compelling grant applications to foundation, government and corporate funders. Reporting to the Executive Director, s/he will play a central role in implementing Bridges Together’s annual development plan, with key responsibility for the complete grant writing process – including prospecting, proposals, fulfillment, donor reports and cultivation. The Grant Writer must develop a holistic understanding of Bridges Together’s model and assets to tell the organizational story and meet development objectives.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Develop an annual grants strategy
• Conduct prospect research to identify, cultivate and solicit new grants
• Manage the proposal submission process to ensure timely submission of all required materials
• Write high-quality grant proposal narratives, applications, and supporting documents
• Responsible for researching, collecting data, and writing of each grant
• Develop and maintain a proposal calendar
• Coordinate and follow-up on the progress of submitted proposals
• Work with the Executive Director, staff and Board to compile financials and data
Perform other duties as assigned
• A minimum of 4 years of experience in grant writing with nonprofits
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Excellent writer, creative and strategic thinker with ability to clearly articulate organizational mission, programs, and present Bridges Together in a compelling and effective manner
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team; outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail, and initiative
• Motivated self starter with the ability to work independently with purpose and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
• Able to effectively communicate with both internal and external partners
• High proficiency in all areas of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Deep commitment to the mission of Bridges Together and an ability to compellingly represent the values of the organization externally
Are you the right fit?
Do you value intergenerational relationships? Are you dynamic, with a can-do attitude? Are you comfortable adapting to change, as this organization is growing and fast-paced? Do you enjoy working hard and independently while collaborating with kind, fun-loving people? Do you balance a warm, caring attitude with a commitment to excellence? If this sounds like you then, check out our website (BridgesTogether.org) – especially our vision, mission and core values. Take a few minutes to watch our YouTube videos.
If you truly think this might be the right fit and that you want to make a real difference in this organization that is helping to bring older adults and children together, please send your resume, one to three multi-page writing samples, and a cover letter to Resume@BridgesTogether.org. Please include the job position in the subject line. Salary is commensurate with professional experience.
Bridges Together is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a diverse workplace.