Stay informed about the latest intergenerational and Bridges Together news! Join our mailing list today.
Also, be sure to check our:
Click here for the Bridges Together YouTube channel, where you can view a series of videos about the program and the participants.
Take a look at our Bridges: Our Smarts program in action in the Chelmsford Public Library.
Below is a recently televised interview with Andrea Fonte Weaver, founder and executive director of Bridges Together.
Andrea Fonte Weaver has received numerous awards for her work, including:
- Wheelock College Alumni Association, Boston, Elizabeth Peabody Palmer Award “in recognition of extensive and outstanding work improving the lives of children and their families and demonstrated commitment to finding unity in all types of diversity,” 2014
- Wheelock College, Boston, “125 Outstanding Alumni Improving the Lives of Children and Their Families,” 2013
- Holy Cross Club of Greater Boston, “Crusader of the Year” Award, 2013
The Town of Sudbury, MA received the following awards for the Bridges program:
- Kenneth E. Pickard Municipal Innovation Award from the Massachusetts Municipal Association (MMA)
- The R.O.S.E. Award from the Executive Office of Elder Affairs for resourceful innovation in serving elders
Gratitude for Growth in 2015…and Beyond! - Some reflections on 2015 by our founder and executive director, Andrea: At this time of year, we often take time to remember the past with gratitude and joy as we plan for the future. 2015 has... New book recommendations from teachers and Bridges Together - We are delighted to share a few new book recommendations that are also teacher-endorsed! Click here to see the entire intergenerationally-themed list we’ve prepared. We welcome your input, too. If you have a book to recommend, please... The New…What to Expect When You are Expecting… - How many of us (or people in our circle of love) read What to Expect When You Are Expecting by Murkoff and Mazel? We knew what each phase of our pregnancies would bring. We became... To life, to life, to Ed! - Last weekend, I had the distinct pleasure of attending Dr. Ed Klugman’s “90th birthday party – in preparation for his 100th”! Ed, as I and others fondly call him, dedicated his career to education, most... An intergenerational trip to the art museum - This week, I had the distinct pleasure of leading a Coffee Connection at The Fitchburg Art Museum! What a treasure this museum is – filled with engaging exhibits and hands-on activities for people of all... A grand trip to Davis Farmland - On the final days of summer, I journeyed back to Davis Farmland in Sterling, Mass. According to their website, Davis Farmland is a place where families can “interact with North America’s largest sanctuary of endangered...