Bridges Together plans several events through the year — both virtual and in person — to educate and empower others to build intergenerational bridges. Please join us at one of the following free events to learn more about building intergenerational bridges.
Ins & Outs of Planning Your Intergenerational Program
Friday, March 10, Northborough Senior Center, 9 am to 3 pm
Have you been asked to start an intergenerational (IG) program, or do you have a great idea for one but don’t know where to begin? Perhaps you are somebody who has a great program already in place but want extra tools to strengthen it. Or, maybe, you’re just intrigued and are wondering what this intergenerational stuff is all about. This day is for you! In this fun, hands-on workshop, you will learn the basics of intergenerational programming, including what IG programs are, why we need them and how to create effective ones. We’ll cover topics ranging from the theoretical (such as human development theories) to the nitty-gritty (including convening a leadership team and recruiting participants). Wherever you are on your intergenerational journey, you will take away practical techniques and useful strategies to unite bookend generations. Prepare to network with area colleagues and be inspired! This day will be led by Andrea J. Fonte Weaver, Founder and Executive Director of Bridges Together, Inc. and an intergenerational specialist with over 20 years in the field. Morning coffee and lunch will be provided.
Empower Hour Webinars
Want to learn how you can introduce or enhance an intergenerational (IG) program in your community? Join us for an hour-long webinar that will focus on the following topics and address all of your questions. Empower Hour webinars will be held from 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM EST on:
- September 20, 2016 – IG Programs: Nice or Necessary?
- October 25, 2016 – Getting Started With a Leadership Team and a Plan
- November 15, 2016 – Cultural Continuity: Integrating Values and Traditions
- December 6, 2016 – Ice Breakers: Kickstsart Relationships in Your Group
- January 10, 2017 – IG Programs: Keys to Success, Including an Evaluation
- February 7, 2017 – Funding Your IG Program
- March 7, 2017 – Creating IG Win-Win-Win Programs
- April 4, 2017 – Volunteers: The Steps to Tapping into These Resources
- May 9, 2017 – Kids Today: How They Tick
- June 6, 2017 – Generations in the Workplace