Bridges Together has kicked off its 2016-2017 Annual Giving Program, and we are so thankful for those who support BT and the work we do uniting generations.
Here at BT HQ, we get a front-seat view to the “intergenerational makeovers” that occur when youth and adults aged 60+ engage in meaningful activities and discussions. And we are convinced of the efficacy and success of the intergenerational work we do. Why? Just take a look at the “before and after” visual below:
The “Before” picture shows a student’s artwork and description of an “old person” before participating in the Bridges program:
- The “old person” is described as slow, weak, lazy and lonely
- The picture depicts a cane, pulleys to help the person get up and dentures
- The “old person” is saying, “Please help me get something!”
But take a look at the “After” picture, drawn by the same student after completing a Bridges program:
- The “old person” is described as kind, curious…funny, and my friend!”
- No stereotypical “old people” accessories
- A name for the “old person”!
Need more reason to support Bridges Together? Take a look at our Annual Report for FY 2015-2016 to learn more about the work we do.