The Kraemer Intergenerational Story Contest is an outgrowth of a contest started by the organization Intergeneration Month and its founder, Sandy Kraemer. In early 2017, Bridges Together “merged” with IG Month, and we are proud to be continuing the efforts of Sandy and the organization he founded.
Our Call for Entries for 2019 will be open from September 3 – October 31. Tell your IG story and encourage those in your circle of love to share theirs!
Participants can tell their stories about people in skipped, non-adjacent relationships in four ways:
- The written word (i.e. story, poem, memoir)
- Video (i.e. story, song, dance)
- Visual art (i.e. quilt, painting, pottery)
- Audio clip
- $500 – grand prize winner
- $250 – 4 runner-ups
- Honorable Mentions
- Bridges Together may create subcategories of judging based on ages and abilities, so we encourage EVERYONE to submit – from the littlest one to the oldest!
- Bridges Together has the non-exclusive right to distribute and publish these works.
Click here for more info on guidelines for your entry: bridgestogether.org/igstories/
For more information, contact Hello@BridgesTogether.org.