Teach the Bridges Program Curricula Suite, join our membership, download How-To Guides, attend an event and more!
- This event has passed.
Finding Common Ground – Uniting Generations in the Workplace
May 1, 2018 @ 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
Many nonprofit workplaces now include four generations of employees, volunteers and others supporting the mission. While every person is unique, age groups often share values and work patterns that affect behaviors and expectations.
Today’s nonprofit leaders must consider these key questions:
• How can we create a welcoming culture where everyone is valued?
• How can we encourage intergenerational learning and collaboration?
• How can we prevent age bias against “older” as well as “younger” people?
• How can we attract and retain people of all ages to join us in our work?
Bridges Together, a specialist in intergenerational programs, will help us answer these questions in this daylong workshop. Andrea Weaver, award-winning founder and executive director of Bridges Together, will lead an interactive exploration of these topics:
• Workplace strengths and challenges of each generation.
• Influences that shape their values and attributes.
• Stereotypes that affect our perceptions and attitudes.
• Research and theories that help us think differently about age.
• Best practices that support age-integration in the workplace.
• Action planning to unite the generations where you work.
As people live longer and as organizations continue to think differently about their human capital options, workplaces will become increasingly age-diverse. Those who master the multigenerational workplace challenge early will gain an advantage. Join your peers in discovering ways to break ahead of the crowd.
Participation is limited to 25, accepted on a first come, first serve basis. This workshop is ideally suited for executive directors and leaders in HR and recruiting, program management, volunteer management, training and leadership development.