Do you work with seniors or children and have a desire to foster meaningful interaction between these generations? Would you like a ready-made solution? Bridges Together is pleased to announce a grant opportunity to bring its award-winning intergenerational program to several communities for the 2016-2017 academic year! The Bridges Program Curricula Suite, created by Bridges Together, includes four curricula – preschool, elementary, middle school and high school – designed to unite older adults and youth. If you’d like to read about or see how the Bridges program “works,” we’d suggest taking a look at these videos or these news articles.
Like what you see? Applications are now open for this grant opportunity; simply start by following these two steps:
1) Participate in one of our Bridges Program Curricula Suite Informational Webinars. We are offering these one-hour webinars at three different times. Register here for one of the following times:
- Monday, May 23 @ 3:30 – 4:30 pm EST
- Tuesday, May 24 @ 12 – 1 pm EST
- Thursday, May 26 @ 9 – 10 am EST
- Thursday, October 6 @ 12 – 1 pm EST
2) Submit Letters of Intent from you and your partner organization. These letters will be reviewed on a rolling basis beginning June 15. More info will be available during the webinars! Training for implementing a Bridges program must be done by Columbus Day, so seize this opportunity and get the ball rolling! Contact Bridges Together’s Intergenerational Facilitator Julie Shaw with any questions: email@example.com, 978.793.9509