Everyone has a story to tell!
The Kraemer Intergenerational Story Contest is an outgrowth of a contest started by the organization Intergeneration Month and its founder, Sandy Kraemer. In early 2017, Bridges Together “merged” with IG Month, and we are proud to be continuing the efforts of Sandy and the organization he founded.
Congratulations to our 2018 Kraemer IG Story Contest Winners!
You can read all our winning stories here.
Grand Prize Winner
The Visitors by Ann Marie Anglin
1st Place By Category
Written Word: Shakshouka by Lior Torenberg
Video: Voices Rising Community Chorus by Ruth Lewis
Image: My Nana and Me by Amara Davidson
Yarn Tales by Barbara Rhoads
Granddaddy’s Time by Anne McManus
Bedtime Stories by Augusta Omofuma
My Hero by Colin Thornton
Congratulations to our 2018 winners and all of our entries this year!
Our Call for Entries for 2019 will open up in October 2019. Tell your story and encourage those in your circle of love to share theirs!
Participants can tell their stories in four ways:
- The written word (i.e. story, poem, memoir)
- Video (i.e. story, song dance)
- Visual art (i.e. quilt, painting, pottery)
- Audio clip
Initial Guidelines & Information:
- Written submissions may be 500 words or less.
- Video and audio submissions may be 3 minutes or less.
- Visual art submissions must include a photograph of your work + a 100-word description
- One submission per person.
- Bridges Together has the non-exclusive right to to distribute and publish these works.
- $500 to 1 “grand prize” winner
- $250 to 4 winners (1 in each category)
- Honorable Mentions
For more information, contact Sarah@BridgesTogether.org.
Click here to see the 2017 & 2016 winners