Everyone has a story to tell!
The Kraemer Intergenerational Story Contest is an outgrowth of a contest started by the organization Intergeneration Month and its founder, Sandy Kraemer. In early 2017, Bridges Together “merged” with IG Month, and we are proud to be continuing the efforts of Sandy and the organization he founded.
Participants can tell their stories about people in skipped, non-adjacent relationships in four ways:
- The written word (i.e. story, poem, memoir)
- Video (i.e. story, song, dance)
- Visual art (i.e. quilt, painting, pottery)
- Audio clip
Initial Guidelines & Information:
- Written submissions must be 500 words or less.
- Video and audio submissions must be 3 minutes or less. They must tell a story!
- Visual art submissions must include a photograph of your work + a 100-word description – again, the artwork should tell a story.
- One submission per person.
- $500 – grand prize winner
- $250 – 4 runner-ups
- Honorable Mentions
- Bridges Together may create subcategories of judging based on ages and abilities, so we encourage EVERYONE to submit – from the littlest one to the oldest!
- Bridges Together has the non-exclusive right to distribute and publish these works.
For more information, contact Hello@BridgesTogether.org.
Click here to see the 2017 & 2016 winners