Everyone has a story to tell!
The Kraemer Intergenerational Story Contest is an outgrowth of a contest started by the organization Intergeneration Month and its founder, Sandy Kraemer. In early 2017, Bridges Together “merged” with IG Month, and we are proud to be continuing the efforts of Sandy and the organization he founded.
The Kraemer IG Story Contest Call for Entries will be open from September 1 – September 30 to coincide with Intergenerational Month. Please see below to help you prepare before September 1 and join our mailing list to receive the latest information on the contest and all Bridges Together activities and announcements.
Tell your story and encourage those in your circle of love to share theirs!
Participants can tell their stories in four ways:
- The written word (i.e. story, poem, memoir)
- Video (i.e. story, song dance)
- Visual art (i.e. quilt, painting, pottery)
- Audio clip
Initial Guidelines & Information:
- Written submissions may be 500 words or less.
- Video and audio submissions may be 3 minutes or less.
- Visual art submissions must include a photograph of your work + a 100-word description
- One submission per person.
- Bridges Together has the non-exclusive right to to distribute and publish these works.
- $500 to 1 “grand prize” winner
- $250 to 4 winners (1 in each category)
- Honorable Mentions
For more information, contact Sarah@BridgesTogether.org.
Second Place (3-way tie)
The Flight of the Butterfly (collage plus accompanying text) by Darcy Howell
Congratulations to Marie, Jerri, Carolina, and Darcy! And thank you to everyone who submitted intergenerational stories to the Kraemer Intergenerational Story Contest.
Click here to see the 2016 winners