We are delighted to share this news: Bridges Together Inc. has received a $55,000 grant from the Massachusetts Council on Aging (MCOA) for the 2014-2015 year to spearhead intergenerational efforts in the state!
MCOA is aiming for greater inclusiveness for older adults within community life of Massachusetts towns by significantly increasing intergenerational activities and programming between the council on aging network and myriad local partners. And Bridges Together is going to help!
- There is currently no comprehensive clearinghouse of intergenerational programming and/or engaged leaders in Massachusetts.
- Professionals engaged in intergenerational efforts are isolated and do not have easy access to resources.
- Some professionals do not understand what intergenerational programs are, why we need them, or how to create them.
- Some professionals have great ideas for intergenerational programs but need coaching on how to implement them.
During the 2013-2014 year, Bridges Together will:
- Develop an Intergenerational Resource Center
- Host a series of Lunch, Learn & Network events for people engaged in intergenerational efforts
- Issue an e-newsletter specifically for intergenerational leaders
- Bring Bridges programs to six new communities
- Run six day-long bootcamps for people to learn about intergenerational programs, what they are, why we need them and how to create them
As part of its communications and implementation strategy, Bridges Together will host an exhibit booth at the MCOA Conference, which will be held October 8, 9, and 10th in Falmouth, MA.
We couldn’t be more excited about this award and our collaboration with MCOA!