“I really love how every lesson was created with the standards that we already teach in mind! It makes the resources useful, connected to what they’re already learning and almost an organic enrichment of what we’re already doing in classrooms. So excited to start!” — A teacher
The Bridges Program Curricula suite is a ready-made, off-the-shelf set of four programs (preschool/early readers, elementary school, middle school and high school) designed to unite youth and older adults.
The four programs of the Bridges Program Curricula Suite are:
- Bridges: Our Stories (preschool/early readers/early elementary-aged youth)
- Bridges: Growing Together (grades 3-6)
- Bridges: Our Smarts (middle school)
- Bridges: Lifelong Journeys (high school/college-aged youth)
The basis of a Bridges program is always a partnership between a youth organization and a senior organization. This is usually a school and a senior center, but Bridges programs have also run in libraries, community centers, afterschool programs and senior housing. An intergenerational leadership team – comprised of representatives from a youth organization such as a school and a senior organization – join together to implement the program.
The Bridges program is a solution for communities looking for a proven and award-winning way to unite generations. The purchase of each Bridges program includes approximately six hours of training for you and your colleagues to ensure you have the insights and basic tools to begin implementation of a successful IG program in your own community.
Each of the four curricula is:
- Based on human development theories and best practices from the field (Read more about the theories behind Bridges Together’s work here.)
- Designed to spark meaningful conversation between both groups
- Built around theme-based small group work
In addition, all four currricula:
- Include interview and reflection questions at home and during the sessions
- Reinforce the theme via educational activities and group projects
- Support Common Core Standards