Bridges Together, thanks to the generosity of the Massachusetts Association of Councils on Aging, is pleased to announce a grant opportunity for creating a Community-Wide Intergenerational Leadership Team. Funding is available for five communities in Massachusetts to participate.
What does Community-Wide IG Leadership Team mean? Many communities want to increase the number and nature of intergenerational initiatives. This grant offers communities a step-by-step process, as well as professional support, for creating a team that will do just that! If you are interested, here’s what you need to do:
- Step 1: Register for an informational webinar on Monday, August 1 at 12:30 PM, Thursday, August 18 at 9:30 AM OR Monday, September 19 at 1 PM. Someone from your community’s senior center must participate in one of these webinars (with as many colleagues as he/she would like). Register for one of these dates here.
- Step 2: Before September 30, 2016, identify at least four partners (private organizations or town departments within your community) and collect Letters of Intent from each partner describing why they want to participate in this opportunity and what they will contribute to the overall effort.
The following is included in this opportunity:
- A full-day workshop on the nuts and bolts of intergenerational programming, resulting in a community-wide intergenerational leadership team (which must include a senior center representative) and the team’s identification of one new intergenerational opportunity it will implement
- Subsequent regular meetings with Bridges Together intergenerational experts to plan and organize this new initiative
- Help with publicizing your event/initiative
Click HERE to learn more about other parameters as well as how to apply for this opportunity.