You’ve been hearing and reading about Intergenerational Awareness Month, but perhaps you’re unsure about how to get the ball rolling in your community. We have a solution!
The Massachusetts Association of Council on Aging has sponsored six new Recipes for Intergenerational Success, which are how-to guides or tool kits for creating meaningful intergenerational engagement. Take a look:
- Let’s Dance: Planning an Intergenerational Prom
- Helping Hands: Intergenerational Programming
- Calling All Scouts: Uniting Generations From Your Scouting Program
- Celebrating Grandparents (and Grandfriends) Day
- Get Outside!: Easy Intergenerational Outdoor Activities
- Music to Our Ears: Making Intergenerational Music
These plans are designed to be easy to implement, so we’re hoping that YOU will use them to help celebrate IGAM with YOUR community! Please let us know if you are planning an event so that we can help you publicize it!