Headquartered in Sudbury, Massachusetts, Bridges Together Inc (BT) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to empowering leaders to connect generations thereby transforming lives for today and tomorrow. Our vision is that every child and older adult will experience the richness of intergenerational relationships and interdependence.
We are a growing non-profit looking to fill one new part-time position. The successful applicant will work as an integral part of our team to lead and support intergenerational efforts.
Part-Time Membership and Business Development Director
BT seeks a warm, dynamic go-getter with excellent communication skills to launch and support a membership initiative as well as grow other development opportunities. Reporting to the Executive Director, s/he will play a central role in implementing and refining BT’s development plan. This person will develop a holistic understanding of BT’s model and assets to sell the membership and meet development objectives.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work as an integral part of our team, with both the board and staff, to development and implement membership and development strategies to meet our annual goals
- Research, identify and cultivate relationships with organizations and corporations to raise funds through memberships, fee for services and donations
- Oversee member administration, services and retention
- Assist with traditional fundraising efforts and thank-you events
- Attend events and represent BT in the community, as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in membership development, corporate relationship building and/or sales with nonprofits
- Strong sales operations and process management experience with the proven ability to reach budget goals by building rapport and credibility quickly
- Excellent presenter as well as creative and strategic thinker with the ability to clearly articulate organizational story
- Outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail and initiative
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team with purpose and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- High proficiency in all areas of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- Deep commitment to the mission of BT and an ability to compellingly represent the values of the organization externally
Are you the right fit?
Do you value intergenerational relationships? Are you dynamic, with a can-do attitude? Are you comfortable adapting to change, as this organization is growing and fast-paced? Do you enjoy working hard and independently while collaborating with kind, fun-loving people? Do you balance a warm, caring attitude with a commitment to excellence? If this sounds like you then, check out our website (BridgesTogether.org) – especially our vision, mission and core values. Take a few minutes to watch our YouTube videos.
If you truly think this might be the right fit and that you want to make a real difference in this organization that is helping to bring older adults and children together, please send your resume, one to three multi-page writing samples, and a cover letter to Resume@BridgesTogether.org. Please include the job position in the subject line. Salary is commensurate with professional experience.
Bridges Together is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a diverse workplace.